Stamford Santa Fun RunApplication Centre
Event Rules for Participants and Spectators
There are not too many rules – let’s not forget it is a fun day - just a few for the safety of all! Thank you for your co-operation and understanding.
· Competitor’s cars are only to be parked in the designated area (this is to ensure access for emergency vehicles). In addition, only vehicles displaying a current disabled badge may be parked in the area allocated to disabled entrants.
· Competitors must obey the directions given by the Marshals (normally wearing yellow hi-viz jackets). Only those that have paid the entrance fee may participate – don’t forget it is a charity event.
· Any Santa suits that have not been collected within 15 minutes after the start of the event will be retained by the event organisers.
· Dogs must be kept on short leads and under proper control. (Dogs can be a menace to participants and the sheep that graze in the Burghley Park).
· Persons are not allowed to drive on the Burghley Park roads when the run is in progress.
· All rubbish must be disposed of in the receptacles provided, or taken home (deer inhabit the Burghley Park and rubbish can kill them if it is ingested).