The Eleventh Stamford Santa Fun Run, organised by Stamford Burghley Rotary Club, will be held on Sunday 10 December 2017 commencing at 11:30 a.m. The venue will be in Burghley Park as in previous years.
Last year, 750 runners, including 190 children, entered the event. Sixty-four teams took part, raising important funds for their own selected charities or good causes.
Once again we invite teams to enter. Remember, you get to keep all the sponsorship money you raise as a group. Alternatively, enter as an individual and raise sponsorship money for our Rotary Club selected local good causes; this year they are MIND in Memory of Wendy, the mental health charity, Team George at the Stamford Endowed Schools and Lincs & Notts Air Ambulance.
This is an event for all ages and abilities and is a thoroughly enjoyable day for participants and spectators alike. As well as serious runners, we welcome joggers, walkers and wheelchair users; we even accept dogs - with their owners of course! Following the success of the "Santa Doggy Competition" in 2016, there will be a repeat event in 2017. See the "About" page for more information.
Entry fees remain at Â£14 for adults and Â£7 for children 12 years of age and under. (Children 4 and under are free to enter but no suit will be issued. Please do not enter their details for the event or you could be charged). The fee includes a free Santa Suit, inclusive of hat and beard, which is yours to keep. All entrants will receive a medal on completion of the course.
For details on how to enter and pay online, to download sponsorship forms and to find out all other information, follow the respective links at the top of this page.
We have set up a group on Facebook - Burghley Rotary - that keeps you up to date with the latest news and also what we are up to; so if you Facebook, come and join us, and if you don't this is a good excuse to start!
If you would like to support one of the biggest events of the season, please contact us.
Your help could make all the difference. The Stamford Santa Run benefits greatly from the input, hard work and encouragement of our supporters to whom we send our grateful thanks. These include:
- Anne Corder Recruitment for refreshments to race entrants after the event. (http://www.annecorder.co.uk/)
- Don Paddy's Restaurant, 8 Market Place Uppingham. (http://www.foodanddrinkguides.co.uk/oakham/don-paddys-/restaurant/3529/)
- Falcon Hotel, Uppingham. (http://www.falcon-hotel.co.uk/)
- Borderville Sports Centre for suit distribution facilities. (http://bordervillesportscentre.co.uk)
- Aveland Hospitality for logistic support on the day. (http://avelandhospitality.info/)
- Website design & development by Rick Mann. (https://uk.linkedin.com/in/rick-mann-55015826)
- Pet's Korner, Stamford Walk, Stamford. (http://www.tailsnwhiskers.co.uk/)
- Green Pantry. (http://www.greenpantry.co.uk/)
- Sharmans Agriculture Ltd. (http://www.sharmans-agri.co.uk)
- PC Howard Ltd. Third party logistics provider. (http://www.pchoward.com)
- Hindmarch & Co Ltd, Stamford. (http://www.hindmarch.org)
- RA Conboy Insurance Services, Stamford.
- Stamford Veterinary Services. (http://www.stamfordvets.co.uk)
- Stamford Living.
- Martin Humphries, Glendale Builders. (email@example.com)
- Nettl of Bourne - Website Designers and Concept2Design. (https://www.nettl.com/uk/bourne/)
- Peterborough Recliner Centre. (http://www.peterboroughreclinercentre.co.uk/)
- Rutland Radio. (http://www.rutlandradio.co.uk/)
- Hanson Cement. (http://www.hanson.co.uk/en/contact-us)
- Barclays Bank
The online entry system will close at 8.p.m. on Saturday 9 December 2017. However, do note that entry on the day is available with payment by cash or cheque only as we do not have the facility to process credit or debit cards. Please leave sufficient time to be ready dressed for the Warm Up at 11.15 a.m.
Please wear your race entry number on the front of your chest. This will assist our commentator in identifying individuals on the day.
Twitter account also available through Burghley Rotary. https://twitter.com/burghleyrotary