Stamford Santa Fun RunApplication Centre
Stamford Burghley Rotary Club
The Stamford Burghley Rotarians are a convivial collection of folks from all walks of life dedicated to having fun and, at the same time, helping other people.
The club meets twice a month at various locations. Further information on their website
They have made a significant contribution to the community of Stamford and the surrounding district over many years.
- Local schools through their close relationship with Bluecoats School
- Young teenagers through their support for The Shack
- Those with mental health issues through their support for Stamford MindSpace
- The disabled through their ongoing support to Sailability
- The elderly through their work with Christchurch
The Rotarians introduced the Stamford Santa Fun Run over 15 years ago to raise money for a multitude of local good causes. This year the beneficiary charities are Sue Ryder Thorpe Hall Hospice, Stamford Mindspace and other local good causes chosen by the Rotarians. They are currently passing gracefully their historic role to the Stamford Striders running club. Of course, the Rotarians will be present during the event carrying out a range of duties.